Skype is a telecommunications application that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches over the Internet. Skype also provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit text, video, audio and image.
There are 2 simple ways for installation Skype on Ubuntu.
Method 1: Install Skype from Ubuntu Software
1. In the Activities search bar type “Ubuntu Software” and click on the icon to launch the application.
2. Open Ubuntu Software and search Skype:
Then click to Skype to
3. Waiting for installing. After that enjoy your Skype!
Method 2: Install from
1. Download download the latest Skype .deb package from from the official Microsoft Apt repositories.
2. Once the download is complete, open your terminal then install Skype by running the following command:
$ sudo apt install ./skypeforlinux-64.deb
You will be prompted to enter your password. Please wait for the installation finished.
3. Starting Skype
Go to the Activities search bar type “Skype” and click on the icon to launch the application.
Enjoy your Skype!